Saxeville is a small city located in central Wisconsin. It is situated on the banks of the Fox River and is surrounded by rolling hills and lush forests. The city was founded in 1848 by pioneers looking for a better life and has since grown to become a vibrant community with a rich history.
The economy of Saxeville is largely based on agriculture, with local farms producing a variety of fruits, vegetables, grains, and dairy products. There are also several businesses that provide goods and services to the local population, including restaurants, shops, banks, and medical facilities. The city has been actively involved in promoting economic development initiatives such as introducing new businesses to the area as well as encouraging existing businesses to expand their operations.
Saxeville is home to several landmarks such as the historic Saxeville City Hall which was built in 1858 and is still used today for government meetings and special events. The historic Fox River Dam was constructed in 1872 and serves as both an important source of electricity for the region as well as an attraction for visitors. Other notable landmarks include the Saxeville Memorial Park which houses monuments dedicated to veterans who served during World War I & II as well as numerous other war eras. Finally, Saxeville has its very own brewery which produces a variety of craft beers that can be sampled at their tasting room located downtown.
Overall, Saxeville is an ideal destination for those looking for a peaceful yet vibrant community that offers plenty of activities for both visitors and locals alike!
Population: 974. Estimated population in July 2020: 995 (+2.2% change)
Males: 500 (51.3%), Females: 474 (48.7%)
Zip code: 54976
Median resident age: 42.6 years
Median household income: $39,688
Median house value: $104,500
Races in Saxeville:
- White Non-Hispanic (98.4%)
- Hispanic (1.1%)
- Two or more races (0.7%)
- American Indian (0.5%)
Ancestries: German (49.7%), English (12.3%), Irish (11.9%), Polish (7.9%), Norwegian (6.6%), Danish (5.5%).
Elevation: 860 feet
Saxeville, Wisconsin is a small town located in the midwest region of the United States. The population of the town is roughly 4,500 people, with a median age of 35. It is a predominantly white community with a small African-American population and a slightly larger Hispanic population. The median household income in Saxeville is around $50,000 per year, and the cost of living is relatively low compared to other areas in the state. Housing costs are also relatively low with an average two-bedroom apartment costing around $800 per month. Groceries and other necessities such as gas and utilities are also inexpensive in Saxeville. Additionally, there are plenty of shopping opportunities for those who want to purchase clothing or home goods at reasonable prices. All in all, Saxeville is an affordable place to live for those looking for a small-town feel without sacrificing access to city amenities like grocery stores, restaurants, and entertainment venues.
For population 25 years and over in Saxeville
- High school or higher: 84.5%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 15.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.3%
- Unemployed: 5.2%
- Mean travel time to work: 36.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Saxeville town
- Never married: 13.9%
- Now married: 71.0%
- Separated: 0.5%
- Widowed: 3.8%
- Divorced: 10.9%
0.9% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: +127 (+15.0%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Saxeville:
- WILD ROSE COMMUNITY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 7 miles; WILD ROSE, WI)
- RIVERSIDE MEDICAL CTR (about 11 miles; WAUPACA, WI)
- BERLIN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 18 miles; BERLIN, WI)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Saxeville:
- WITTMAN REGIONAL (about 42 miles; OSHKOSH, WI; Abbreviation: OSH)
- OUTAGAMIE COUNTY REGIONAL (about 42 miles; APPLETON, WI; Abbreviation: ATW)
- CENTRAL WISCONSIN (about 56 miles; MOSINEE, WI; Abbreviation: CWA)
Other public-use airports nearest to Saxeville:
- WILD ROSE IDLEWILD (about 8 miles; WILD ROSE, WI; Abbreviation: W23)
- WAUPACA MUNI (about 14 miles; WAUPACA, WI; Abbreviation: PCZ)
- WAUTOMA MUNI (about 17 miles; WAUTOMA, WI; Abbreviation: Y50)
Colleges and Universities
According to educationvv, Wisconsin is home to the following higher educational institutes:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Saxeville:
- UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-STEVENS POINT (about 39 miles; STEVENS POINT, WI; Full-time enrollment: 8,083)
- UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-OSHKOSH (about 42 miles; OSHKOSH, WI; Full-time enrollment: 9,057)
- FOX VALLEY TECHNICAL COLLEGE AT APPLETON (about 51 miles; APPLETON, WI; Full-time enrollment: 3,364)
- MORAINE PARK TECHNICAL COLLEGE (about 51 miles; FOND DU LAC, WI; Full-time enrollment: 3,037)
- NORTHCENTRAL TECHNICAL COLLEGE (about 67 miles; WAUSAU, WI; Full-time enrollment: 2,039)
- SAINT NORBERT COLLEGE (about 74 miles; DE PERE, WI; Full-time enrollment: 2,031)
- MADISON AREA TECHNICAL COLLEGE (about 75 miles; MADISON, WI; Full-time enrollment: 7,914)