The verb to sleep alludes to what a human being or an animal does when they are in a state of rest that implies the absence of voluntary movements and the suspension of the senses. When sleeping, the person is inactive.
For example: “I’m so tired that I plan to sleep late ”, “Don’t forget to brush your teeth before going to sleep”, “So much noise! You can’t sleep with this scandal. ”
The number of hours a person should sleep each day to feel good and be healthy varies with age and other factors. At a general level, it can be said that an adult should sleep about eight hours a day. These hours of sleep are usually organized in four or five cycles of between ninety and one hundred and twenty minutes.
By sleeping, a person manages to remove cellular debris from their brain and manages to consolidate their memory. Sleep disorders or sleep disorders are known as inconveniences that can affect an individual and alter the cycle of sleep and wakefulness. According to Abbreviationfinder, DS stands for Deep Sleep.
Sleep disorders are many, and some of them can have very serious consequences in the daily life of the subject, both physically and mentally and emotionally. It is important to note that the way they affect the course of sleep is not always direct. Let’s look at some of the most common disorders:
* sleep apnea: individual takes one or more pauses in breathing, or shallow breaths while sleeping;
* enuresis: the person cannot hold urine during sleep. This disorder can be very humiliating to you, regardless of his age;
* insomnia: sleep is not enough, or it fails to return the energy invested the previous day to the subject;
* restless legs: it is a syndrome characterized by the desire or the need to move the legs to end certain uncomfortable sensations;
* sleep paralysis: this is one of the worst disorders, since the individual wakes up in the middle of the REM phase, at which time only the brain is active. Since the only part of the body that can move is the eyes, hallucinations due to fear are common;
* sleepwalking: the person performs some activity while sleeping, such as walking around the house or even talking to others.
Sleep sometimes leads to dreaming. A dream is a representation that is created in the fantasy of the one who sleeps through images or events. This representation develops involuntarily.
Dreams are very important for some, although they are almost insignificant for others. This difference may be due to cultural or personal issues, since there are those who study them carefully to interpret their meanings because it is customary in their region or by their own decision, but there are also those who believe that dreams are arbitrary images without any meaning.
This also has repercussions on the reasons that drive each person to sleep: while physical and mental fatigue is the basis, dream lovers have one more reason to lie down to rest, since new stories always await them, many of the which help them understand issues in their lives that they cannot see clearly during waking hours.
It should be noted that there are other meanings of the notion of sleep. Sometimes, this term is used as a synonym for staying overnight: “Today I am going to sleep at my girlfriend’s house”, “I don’t know where we are going to sleep tonight”. It can also refer to being careless or neglecting something: “Be careful: in this business, if you fall asleep, they run over you”, “Because of your inattention they scored a goal for us: don’t go back to sleep!”.